Saturday, June 8, 2019

Hawk Attack

Yesterday, as I was hiking down a trail in Tom Brown park, I was attacked by a hawk.

Bizarre, I know!

For an instant, as I felt the scratching on my head, I thought an old twig had fallen off a tree. But my confusion was dispelled a nanosecond later, as I saw the hawk's wide wings swooshing right in front of my forehead. From there, it swooped up like a jet taking off on a runway, and perched itself on a nearby tree, watching!

The claws had inflicted a minor scratch, but nothing serious (I finished the remaining 3 miles of my hike). Later, I called the nurse, just to see if I should take antibiotics or tetanus shot.

To my mild surprise, she told me that I was up to date on my tetanus shots. She said "your chart says you had your last shot in 2016."

Ah! The sting ray accident, I remembered!

No comments: