Sunday, April 27, 2014

Judith Curry and Climate Etc.

Judith Curry was a (relatively) recent guest on Russ Roberts' EconTalk. I found her blog "Climate etc." to be a refreshing voice on the climate science debate. It is informative, without being dogmatic.

In my opinion, a lot of scientists (I speak as one) often become overly defensive (for reasons I completely understand), when confronted by "climate skeptics"  (some of who are complete lunatics, but some who are legitimately skeptical about certain claims).

I think climate change is a serious issue, and that we should do something about it. However, I do believe we have to be pragmatic about it.

There was also a more recent EconTalk "episode" which addressed climate change. I think the tone of the debate was just perfect.

No comments: